- Code Enforcement
- Study Pages
- The Davis Property Study
The Davis Property Study
History of the Study
On September 23rd the York Board of Selectmen initiated a joint effort of the Town and the York Community Dialogue to gather and share information, and initiate a public dialogue about the Davis Property. In response, the York Community Dialogue and the Town’s Community Development Department are hosting a series of 3 public meetings to share information and allow for open public discussion about the Davis family’s offer to sell to the Town the Davis Property.
The asking price is $5.5 million. The Davis Property is an undeveloped tract of land almost 100 acres in size that is located behind the home at 142 York Street. The land offered is not visible from York Street, but is located behind the Village Elementary School athletic fields and runs northeasterly for about ¾ mile.
The purpose of these meetings is to share information with the public in advance of any public hearings or a public vote about land purchase, and to do so without advocating for or against the matter. These meetings are all open to the public.
The 1st meeting was held on Friday, October 11th at the York Public Library.
This meeting focused on sharing information already available and answering questions from the audience. The meeting was televised and may now be streamed on the Web through the Town’s web page.
The 2nd meeting will be a site walk on Saturday, October 26, 2013, from 10:00 AM to noon.
(Rain date – Sunday, October 27th) Park at the Village Elementary School and we’ll head out from there. Bring bug spray for ticks!
The 3rd meeting will be Saturday, November 2, 2013, from 10:00 to 11:30 AM at the Village Elementary School.
This meeting will focus on small group discussions and conversations, and on sharing any newly available information.
A press release has been provided to the York Weekly, and over 250 invitation letters have been mailed to nearby property owners and to people and organizations that may have an interest in this property. Everyone is welcome to participate in this process with us.
- Assessors Davis Property Memo (PDF)
- Assessors Davis Property Value Memo (PDF)
- Davis Property Map (PDF)
- Email from Malcolm Davis about the property (PDF)
- General Location Map (PDF)
- General Questions about the Davis Property (PDF)
- Plan from Davis Family - 116 Multi-Family Plus 14 Duplex Units (PDF)
- Plan from Davis Family - 67 Lots Plus Elderly Housing (PDF)
- Plan from Davis Family - 84 Multi-Family Units (PDF)
- Plan from Davis Family - 84-Lot Conventional Subdivision (PDF)
- Plan from Davis Family - existing conditions (PDF)
- Vernal Pool egg masses - Photo 1 (JPG)
- Vernal Pool Egg Masses - Photo 2 (JPG)
- Vernal Pool near the trail (JPG)
- YCD Report on Davis Property - November 26, 2013 (PDF)